Thursday, December 22, 2011

Guess who we met?

For the past few weeks Bella has really started to understand the whole concept of Santa. She would see pictures and movies and it was sinking in. Especially Frosty the Snow may. I tell you what- if we could ever find a 7 foot talking snow man I think she would just explode from utter excitement... but Santa will just have to do. When we were at the mall I pointed out his chair and explained to her that one night he would be there and she could sit on his lap and maybe let him know what she would like for Christmas. Her eyes just lit up- a present?!? I explained to her that yes if she was a good girl then Santa would come and bring her a present on Christmas morning. She assured me that she was a good girl and we were on our way. It was so cute to watch her keep looking over her shoulder and catch a glimpse of his chair until it was out of view... the wheels were turning in that little girl's head. About a week later we were sitting at the kitchen table over breakfast and I asked Bella what she was going to ask Santa to bring her for Christmas. She looked at me- ever so serious and said "Santa not bring me a toy" Why not I asked her "Cause I sassy momma." Trying not to laugh I told her that she could try to be good and maybe Santa could sneak her a present if she really tried very hard. She just looked at me straight faced shook her head and said "probably not." OMG- if that is not my child. The offspring of the girl who as a child after her mother said "don't bring me a present on Christmas and think everything will be okay" and said "Okay I won't." Ha! The apple certainly does not fall from the tree. We ran some errands the night Bella met Santa for the first time and as soon as we talked about it she just lit up; the anticipation was driving her nuts. We met Timmy at the mall (on the east side because its just not busy EVER) and we only waited in line a few minutes. There she was within a few yards of the big guy- SANTA. She was dancing (like the pee-pee dance) and smiling with the intermittent giggle here and there. Finally after an exhaustive five minutes it was her turn. We got her up on Santa's lap to have some special time (she asked for a pink and purple baby/barbie by the way) and when I turned around to grab Via... she was asleep. Really? The girl who is always on the move and always checking everything out is asleep for her turn to meet Santa? Made for a cute picture though.

No comments: